Tuesday, March 9, 2010

33 Cocktails I Heart: The Rehab Lounge Bar

The Rehab Lounge has a bar that I've just recently discovered. There's beer, wine, spirits... Everything that a mostly non-drinker needs if ever they'd like to experiment.

It's nice to work in a wine shop. It means that I have a mostly stocked bar. Stocked for my lifestyle, that is. I'm not a big drinker, so I have some pints and half pint lying around, some fruit, mixers, beer, some new wine to try.

And if I am able, I will drink them in the appropriate glasses, which I have received as a perk from the job. Like the actors going to the Oscars, occasionally wine shop workers receive key chains and t-shirts and things of that nature that relate to the products. My uniform comes from these magic genies. Mondays I promote Crown. Tuesdays are Cuervo, and so on. Sometimes they will bring really cool things like glasses. I don't have a huge collection, by any means. It's mostly t-shirts. And when these magic genies show up, they bring extra.

I am ever so glad to have my Aventinus glass. It's a real treat when I buy one of those. And I was drinking it out of a huge ten year old plastic mug. It was like Christmas when I received the proper glass. It really makes a difference. It's nice also not to pour a tumbler of Jack Daniels and Coke, but instead pour only what is needed.


Some might think that The Rehab Lounge is a funny name for a blog about alcohol.
Well, first off, there is a bar in Deep Ellum in Dallas, Texas called The Rehab Lounge next to a tattoo parlor I visited on a girl's trip down to Dallas on January 1, 1997. While Katie King was getting her tattoo, and Sara Jane was getting her tongue ring, I was checking out the sights around me.

And for some reason, the name of that bar stuck with me. My friends and I have the habit of naming the places we live. Jennifer and I used to live in "The Dugout," and the boys used to live in a house with a garage bar called "Cincinnati Jake's." I chose to call my apartment "The Rehab Lounge." I never actually had a problem with alcohol, you see(other than buying horrible stuff), I'm just...shall we say...less involved in the drinking.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy a good beer or three, but I don't usually drink alone at home, unless I've got some product research to do. And even then, I usually take a bunch of new beers to Girls Night for a mini tasting, along with a new bottle of wine or flavor of vodka. I just get tired of looking at it while I'm at work trying to think up new recipes to post on our store's Facebook and Twitter pages.

For this blog, I will be posting 33 drink recipes that I can't live without. Most of them are pretty simple, but some are complex. All are delicious. So join me for the next...now it's 32 days...and get your drink on!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment